How good is your code? Think it’s good? Could it be better? Possibly? How do you know? In the first Agile Hong Kong meeting for 2009, regular attendee Julian Harley will help provide light on this by leading a discussion through The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code. In his own words Joel Spolsky came up with this “…highly irresponsible, sloppy test to rate the quality of a software team.”
Julian will introduce the test and open the floor up for a round table discussion about the test. In particular Julian wants to discuss the following points:
- does the Joel Test apply as-is?
- what additions to it make it more appropriate to Agile teams?
While not necessary it would be useful to have a quick glance over as Julian will cover these in the discussion:
- the test itself: The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code
- Brad Wilsons thought: The Joel Test and Agility
- and Peter Stevens Quick Poll: A Litmus Test for Agile Development
- any other material or blogs that might be relevant.
When: 7:30pm, Monday 19th of January 2009
Where: ThoughtWorks Hong Kong Office
Address: Room 1304, 13/F, Tai Tung Building, 8 Fleming Road, Wanchai
Map: ThoughtWorks Hong Kong